Friday, January 8, 2010

Film Freak - The Lovely Bones

Well all I can say is I sat through this film a lot of the time thinking, well I spent $14 of my hard earned pay to watch this?

Yes even the super sexy Mark Wahlberg could not save this film, and boy does he just get better with age.

Peter Jackson made all those Ring movies which I have zero interest in and may have kicked some goals with those but definitely won't win too many people over with this weird exercise in film making.

I saw it with someone who read the book and apparently doesn't do the book any justice and she even hated it more than me. I have had a great run with good films lately so it is to be expected that some shit will jump out at me and this was shit.

Susan Sarandon briefly saved the movie at it's worst point but even her outrageous and mildly entertaining character could not help this stinker.

Peter Jackson, stick to kids fantasy not this rubbish, half a star

1 comment:

Big Red said...

I'm the friend I"M THE FRIEND!!!!!
I'd had it up to pussy's bow with all the 'in between' heaven and earth palaver...... Cut that rubbish out and Petey boy could have earned another star.