Monday, March 26, 2018

Movie Matinee Madness - Love, Simon


OMG, like totally, high school is so different to when I was there, there was no texting (or it was slow and on an old Nokia) and no cool vice principal like Tony Hale (Poor Gary from Veep).

I am not going to lie, I loved this film. It was a fantasy romance but never have we seen a teen gay romance film like this. My only disappointment was the Khalid Love Lies song (with now defunct Fifth Harmony member Normani) barely featured in the film.

Aussies Katherine Langford (13 Reasons Why) and Keiynan Lonsdale were great as was parents Jennifer Garner and Josh Duhamel.

But of course Simon AKA Nick Robinson (straight in real life) deserves credit, he did a wonderful job as the romantic lead.



Directed by the king of Arrow and DC comic series, Greg Berlanti, this really was a sweet film, I don't usually get all excited about romantic comedies but this film really for me was special.

Growing up gay is not easy, growing up in general is fucked up, add in social media, trolls, YouTube comments, forums, snapchat, Instagram and the Fitsbo landscape.

Ok so I am going big and maybe marking easier than normal, 5 Stars. I did love this film.

No comments: