Friday, September 21, 2018

YOU | Lifetime


I swore to myself I would not take on any more new TV shows, however with The Sinner wrapping up, Insecure almost done, Fear the Walking Dead wrapping up same day as Insecure and The Bite Club about to conclude locally, I added YOU to my list.

Coming to Netflix in Australia, YOU has had two episodes in the USA on Lifetime (the network for 40 year old women and gay men) and having less than a million viewers for each episode but critically it's been a hit.


Trash meets thriller is a real buzz with this show and former Gossip Girl (spoiler alert if you get the reference) Penn Badgley stars as the lead Joe Goldberg a stalker who is actually kind of sweet.

It's a boy meets girl at a local NY book store, he follows her, he gets into her online world and now in the year 2018, know needs a private detective, we all overshare.

YOU could be a breakout hit, after two episodes I am already hooked. With How to Get Away with Murder, 9-1-1, Empire, Star and Station 19 incoming I need less on my books, however I think I just found space on my dance card for this thriller.

Keep an eye out on Netflix soon for YOU.

No comments: