Sunday, April 20, 2014

Film Freak 2014 - The Grand Budapest Hotel


This film totally did not interest me when I originally saw the trailer however after hitting the long weekend and hearing film reviewer gods David & Margaret cheer this film, I thought what the hell, I have a free film on my loyalty card and it's time to just bite the bullet and hit the cinema again on a Saturday afternoon.

The cast is terrific and HUGE: Ralph Fiennes, Adrien Brody, Jeff Goldblum, Owen Wilson, Edward Norton, Jude Law (what was the last film I saw him in?) and so many more.

I blogged the trailer and the other films I wish to take in this weekend here and I hope to bring you between now and Tuesday another couple of reviews.

This film as above mentioned did not grab me immediately but after good reviews and a trailer which intrigued me with some crazy one liners and what can only be some of the most insane stuff I could imagine on film.

I must saw I was not 100% familiar with Wes Anderson's work (I know what kind of a film nerd am I, I hear y'all hipsters spitting at your PC screens (oh actually hipsters only have Mac's)) but now he has caught my attention I might come back for another.

The Grand Budapest Hotel is whacky, fun, funny and has some dynamite lines. I would again recommend this for Easter/Anzac Day viewing as we are now over the halfway mark.

I give this film a solid crazy as fuck three stars, well done Wes Anderson.

No comments: