Thursday, December 28, 2017

Christmas TICK, New Years here we COME


So people know I like a Christmas card but I dislike Christmas itself so for me Boxing Day is my favourite day (aside from the day after my birthday) of the year.

Christmas is now done for 2017, the lead up, the rush, the running around buying stupid shit for people is over. Now stores get there second piece of the pie with Boxing Day Sales, however stores like JB Hi-Fi have continued to roll out similar offers on products they have tried to lure customers in store with all year.

Australian retailers are now always on sale, not sometimes on sale ALWAYS on sale.

I worked in an industry where discounting was considered last resort to fill empty seats, try to make budget, however entertainment in Sydney (and other states, but Sydney has a massive issue) is always on-sale.

Retail, entertainment, your weekly groceries are always on sale. So are the Boxing Day sales still a thing? Or just an excuse to get away from the family for an hour or two?

So then next big event over this strange holiday period where it's 40 degrees one minute, cool on Christmas day the next. New Years Eve, it is almost here and venues, house parties, bottle shops are all preparing for the worst.

It's the time of the year everyone is fucked up! From music festivals. smaller boutique concerts, house parties, parties at venues etc.

The one question I hate being asked in the lead up is, what are your plans for New Years? Having a big night? I feel like saying fuck no after 17 as an adult most leave me disappointed, wanting to go to bed as soon as the clock strikes 12.

When I was younger my best wild nights out were always random mid year benders or nights that become something from nothing. The whole planning, expectations of New Years being the best night of your life will never be realised. Unless maybe you get to fuck Zac Efron.

So what are my plans for New Years? With any luck I will get me the fuck outta Sydney. We have a new music festival (good luck to them in this current climate of music festivals sinking and not swimming) happening in a park near my house and god knows what else happening in my neighbourhood.

I will hopefully be able to post for you some lovely posts from one of our nearest neighbours.

If you are looking for an ultimate NYE playlist however here is the first half of my 200 songs of the past year. I will post part two on New Years Day.

A quick thank you to those who did help me loose a bit of my bar humbug this silly season, although I really can't wait for the new year to kick in and we count down to the next controversial public holiday, Australia Day/Invasion Day....

THANK Y'ALL

Erin
Rene from QLD
Brooke
Heather
Lida
Citra
Scott
Marcus
Rachel - my Gay Church ruler :)
Jenny
Julie & the Global gang
Michelle

My family and family in-law

OK that is it for another year of me paying out on this little thang called Christmas and the retail saviour Boxing Day.

Stay tuned, I have been nailing some Netflix, Stan titles so more reviews on the way and some new US shows launching in 2018, excitement!

Take it easy on New Years and take this advice from someone who has had expectations, have none or very few on New Years, it's another night, you can drink, get loose March 19th, June 27th, August 30th, September 1st or even November 3rd, it's all the same, another night!

No comments: