Thursday, November 1, 2018

Movie Matinee Madness - A Star is Born


All I had heard before walking into the cinema was good things. I had heard, it's sad, it's a little long, the music is great etc.

All true, however I was gripped, I was starstruck, I was in a trance by Lady Gaga.

I have seen her live at the peak of her pop fame, I loved her in American Horror Story and Telephone is still one of the best pop songs of all time. However after this a new Lady Gaga is born.



For all my praise of Lady Gaga her Just Dance, Poker Face gimmick era was not for me, nor did I think she could sustain this and her little monster following. Now she is mature, her voice is strong and make up and gimmicks aside, this is a brilliant film.

Not only does Lady Gaga shine but Bradley Cooper is divine and vulnerable. Honestly after Crazy Rich Asians I thought we had reached peak romance for 2018, I was wrong, Gaga and Cooper are just beautiful together.

Admittedly I had not seen any of the original films and aside from watching the trailer and hearing a few songs, I knew nothing about this film before stepping into the cinema.

She's Gotta Have It star and musical legend from Hamilton Anthony Ramos is outstanding in support as Gaga's friend.

This movie is another cinema moment, it's a movie experience, there is a reason it is slaying the box office and selling tonnes of soundtracks. This is the real deal. 5 Stars, beautiful, just beautiful.

No comments: