Sunday, March 21, 2021

Dine & Discover

NSW residents unite, it's time to Dine & Discover. Yes this is not a paid post but a simple post for you to get $100, check out a film I have recently seen (so many reviews on this blog) or get some food.

I have downloaded the Service NSW for check in purposes, now downloaded and received plus spent my four x $25 vouchers.

$50 for food, 2 x $25 and $50 for entertainment (can be used at Hoyts, Dendy and Event Cinemas, not sure about Palace) totalling $100 for all NSW residents. Like me you can also get your parents vouchers for an additional $100's of bucks!

So the catch. If you spend $19, you forfeit the remaining $6. The vouchers MUST also be used by June 30. Also they can not be used on public holidays.

Good news is the dining vouchers are no longer Monday - Thursday only. This has been extended to seven days of redemptions. Praise Be, clearly Service NSW heard the feedback that a lot of people actually work or need to watch MAFS Monday - Thursday.

Dine and Discover is my first ever hand out from the government. With no children and (semi) steady employment I am loving getting out there and helping my local cafe get some more cash in the register. I have long been a supporter of my wonderful Chippendale cafes and businesses.

I also want to help the cinema industry as right now with a rather dull release schedule they need our support. Whilst some films are less than amazing, if we ever want to see the latest James Bond film at the cinema, you may need to see a budget film in the meantime to keep those cinema doors open.

Or if cinema isn't your thing help a local zoo, tour or anything when you search on the Service NSW site for activities near you.

2021 has been tough, 2020 was the year our lives went on pause, so let's restart things. Safely of course, wash your hands, wear a mask if you are feeling ill or on public transport or a place that requires you to do so. Don't be a tool. Every train I was on recently there are people either not wearing masks or wearing them around their chins. Grow the fuck up, do your part. I want to go to music festivals and concerts again. I don't want a "new normal" I liked my life before. So I think by being sensible while listening to medical advice we can get back to music festivals, enjoy theatre, support the arts and enjoy a fun run if you so choose.

Australia we have done so well. Like other island nations (or surrounded by water) New Zealand, Taiwan, Vietnam and Thailand (until recently) let's not be like the UK and USA. Let's move forward.

Also is it time to be a republic yet? Prince Andrew, Megan and Harry, endless Royal baby photos we are forced to look at?

No comments: