Sunday, February 27, 2022

The Masked Cinema 2022 - Death on the Nile

Death on the Nile is sort of the follow up to Murder on the Orient Express. Back in 2017 we fell in love with traditional whodunnit's again.

Based on the 1937 novel of the same name by Agatha Christie. Christie is back in vogue.

Following the massive cast in Murder on the Orient Express, Death on the Nile features another diverse all star line up. Annette Bening, Russell Brand, Ali Fazal, Dawn French, Gal Gadot, Armie Hammer, Rose Leslie, Emma Mackey, Sophie Okonedo, Jennifer Saunders, and Letitia Wright. 

Kenneth Branagh & Tom Bateman return from Orient Express. They discover the bodies start to pile up on the ill fated cruise along the Nile.


I used to love Clue as a child, I think I enjoyed the Orient Express. Don't get me wrong I did enjoy this to a degree. However it all felt rushed while sort of not having much to say.

Once the murders happened we were halfway towards the end of the film. With a black and white flashback into Hercule Poirot prior life there felt like there was a little bit of filler.

Whilst spectacular I did feel I built this film up a little too much.

Still it was a bit of old school whodunnit fun, 3 stars.

No comments: