Friday, May 29, 2020

May/June La Première - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Season Seven)


Post number 90 for 2020 belongs to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. first episode of its seventh and final season. Like The 100 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is calling it quits in 2020.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. concluded its sixth season back in August 2019. I remember this well as I was in the USA and Canada at this point. So for me it's strange when international travel seems a thing of the past now. Thanks COVID-19.



Anyway episode one of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season seven debuted this week. The show attracted slightly less viewers than the season six opener, however had slightly more viewers than the season six double episode conclusion.

Like season six, season seven (which was filmed almost back to back with season six) is a tight thirteen episode run. Unfortunately the show used to drag on for 22 episodes a season. For an action series this gives the viewer a lot of filler episodes.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has never been as gritty as the Marvel action series on Netflix however it has always tried hard to keep Marvel fans happy. Unlike the short lived Agent Carter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has had a long life. First airing back in 2013, the show has become a Summer/end of season filler.

I enjoyed episode one's trip back to 1930. I hope the show concludes all loose ends and gives the fans what they want.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is a perfect distraction for the times we are in now. It's a real achievement to make it to seven seasons, so to the whole cast and crew, well done.

No comments: