Thursday, August 6, 2020

COVID-Cinema 2020 - Train to Busan {RETRO}


Original Release date -
13 May 2016 (Cannes)
20 July 2016 (South Korea)

The cinema is doing something a little different at present to try and get folks back to the cinema. One thing is showing old favourites. Train to Busan was originally released in 2016, however a new film Peninsula (a film set in the same universe as Train to Busan) is set to open in Australia this weekend.

I only heard good things about this film, I could have seen it on Netflix, but I wanted to support my local cinema.

Yes the cinemas are doing it mega tough right now. Nostalgia is popular too right now so this should work? On paper yes, but my session was really poorly attended.



Now to the film, I really enjoyed this South Korean zombie picture.

It was way more edge of the seat stuff than recent The Walking Dead seasons.

The film moved fast, the characters died even faster, so I am interested to see the direction the next film goes in.

If you want a double South Korean zombie film fest this weekend Train to Busan x Peninsula might just be what you are after.

As this will not be in the running to make my end of year list I will give it a very generous but compelling 4 stars.

The South Koreans are killing it right now in the arts TV/film world!

No comments: