Saturday, August 17, 2024

Post Strike Cinema 24' - Borderlands

Borderlands is sitting on a terribly low Rotten Tomatoes score of 9%! Is it really that bad? Read on to find out.

The science fiction action comedy film co-written + directed by Eli Roth, is based on the video game series developed by Gearbox Software. 

Starring Australia's own, Cate Blanchett as Lillith, an outlaw who forms an alliance with a team of misfits to find the missing daughter of the most powerful man in the universe.

OK, so it does have a dreamy all-star cast, despite the low score on Rotten Tomatoes, Alongside Blanchett, Kevin Hart, Jack Black, Edgar Ramirez, Ariana Greenblatt, Florian Munteanu, Gina Gershon, & Jamie Lee Curtis all star.

The film was released earlier in August, most likely concluding on Thursday. As right now there are limited sessions.

I was one of four in today's session.


Whilst th film has received negative reviews from critics, it has also been a box office bomb. Grossing only $18.5 million worldwide against a production budget of $110–120 million. No that is shit AF!

This is really not the usual film you'd see Blanchett or Jamie Lee Curtis in. Fresh from his role as Dr Doctor, Edgar Ramirez is the bad guy in the wild ride, reminding me a lot of Peacock's series, Twisted Metal. Which I also think is a live action series based on computer game.

As a non-gamer, I have no idea about Borderlands, however I think this film will be quickly forgotten.

I didn't mind it. The action scenes were fun. Blanchett in an action film something new. I am not trying to be a film critic, so I won't shit all over this film, where you could easily do so. That's just boring.

This film has problems, but it also helped me relax, tune out after a long ass week.

I can't pass it (cause it wasn't good) however its 100% not the worst film I have seen this year. 2 Stars.

No comments: