Monday, September 16, 2024

Post Strike Cinema 24' - Speak No Evil

Speak No Evil was a wild ride. I felt it was fairly original, tell I found out it was a remake of the 2022 Danish film of the same name. That said though James McAvoy is outstanding in this remake. It is creepy AF!

Alongside McAvoy, Mackenzie Davis, Aisling Franciosi, Alix West Lefler, Dan Hough, and Scoot McNairy star in this edge of the seat thriller.

Speak No Evil follows an American family who get invited to stay in to a remote farmhouse by a British couple for the weekend, but the family soon learns that the family who invited them are actually serial killers. 

This is a big improvement on Afraid for Jason Blum/Blumhouse Productions banner. Cause that was average AF.

Speak No Evil has received generally positive reviews from critics, for me, this was a perfect Sunday night film.


It had a building start, a creepy middle, then a wild conclusion.

I cannot say enough how well James McAvoy portrayed this complete psycho. It made me think twice about who I would next talk to on holidays.

Also for a Sunday 6:45pm session, the session was near full. This weekend I have been delighted to see back-to-back cinema (near) excellence. Thelma was super sweet, while this was a super fun, tense ride.

I honestly really got into this and McAvoy's scenes in a singlet or underpants!

4 Stars. I want to watch the original film now!

No comments: