Monday, December 21, 2020

(Mini) Monday Spotlight: Cry Club

Cry Club describe themselves as a queer bubblegum punk duo. They duo formed in January 2018 hailing from Melbourne, Victoria. Heather on vocals (They/Them) and Jono out on the guitars (He/Him). The crew pack a punch.

Playing gigs alongside WAAX, Moaning Lisa & Bec Sandridge as well as festivals NYE on the Hill and Gaytimes.

Cry Club released their debut album mid November God I'm Such a Mess following their hit singles Obvious and Robert Smith. You can listen and download some more of their works on Triple J Unearthed.

Well that marks the end of the (Mini) Monday Spotlight for 2020. As my other blog Flashing off the Record focuses solely on music. These posts may find a new home in 2021.

2020 has seen me lean into music more than ever. Every new artist I have researched and listened too through 2020 has helped me make sense of this truly fucked up year. I hope you have enjoyed meeting/listening to some great new music from new acts. So many great debut albums this year, so many great new tunes.

Be safe, look after each other and stay well. For now enjoy some Cry Club, if I have done one thing more this year that is cry.

No comments: