Saturday, May 11, 2024

Post Strike Cinema 24' - Civil War (second viewing)

Back in mid-April I saw this brilliant film for the first time. I gave it 4.5 stars back then. However I did miss the start of the film. Who was the president? Why was there a war in the USA? Who was I supposed to be rooting for? Was the president based on Trump?

So what did I miss? I know a lot of you have probably seen this by now. It's also the $12 movie of the week for Hoyts members. No excuses not to go now!

So in the parts I missed, a civil war has erupted between the United States government and regional factions. The president, in his third term, claims victory is close at hand. Renowned war photographer Lee Smith saves aspiring photojournalist Jessie Cullen from a suicide bombing in Brooklyn.

OK this movie (calling it early) may be my film of 2024. I have seen no other film thus far, I'd sit through for a second time.

Kirsten Dunst is incredible. The final scene at the White House is EPIC!

This film has it all. The action, the tension, the all star cast lead by Dunst. I have revisited my star rating below. Go geddit below the different trailer than my previous post.


Yep this film deserves, 5 solid stars. A terrifying look at a divided America which is currently (thanks to January 6th) showing signs of further fractions between Republicans and Democrat voters. Don't even think of adding the Independent voters into the mix. Or Robert Kennedy Jr fans.

Go see Civil War NOW! It's your civil duty!

No comments: