Friday, July 5, 2024

New Financial Year 2024/2025 Streaming - Troppo - Season One

Troppo is an Australian series which I must admit I slept on, hard. Cause once I started this, I was glued. 

OnABC back in February 2022, the series based on the best-selling novel Crimson Lake by Candice Fox, in which a former police officer helps a private investigator look for a missing man in Far North Queensland commenced.

Good news for latecomers like me, Troppo's second season would premiere on today on ABC TV, while getting a streaming run on Amazon Prime later this month.

I can't believe I caught up just in time. The eight episodes just breezed by. With a killer local cast including US lead Thomas Jane as Ted Conkaffey. The series also stars Nicole Chamoun as Amanda Pharrell, David Lyons as Inspector Lou Damford, Sun Park as Yoon Sun Park, Yerin Ha as Ah Rah Park, Ling Cooper Tang as Sergeant Carrie Hench, Kate Beahan as Olivia, Cramer Cain as Wayne & Peta Wilson as Eve.

The series was was filmed in the Gold Coast hinterland of Queensland, Australia, although the story is set in Far North Queensland. Screen Queensland announced the completion of filming of Season Two on October 16, 2023, with the second series to be set six months after the first season.


I am throughly looking forward to jumping into season two over the weekend. I am thinking it's going to be another cold, wet weekend in Sydney. Despite rolling into a new financial year.

So if free streaming and local crime dramas are up your alley, Troppo on ABC iView is a damn fine watch. Next up local series Fake with the extremely talented Asher Keddie!

No comments: