Monday, August 24, 2026

NOT another streaming Movie - The End of Oak Street

From zero movies, to two back-to-back in Bangkok, let's see what The End of Oak Street is all about.

This will be my third Anne Hathaway film for 2026. Following the Devil Wears Prada 2 and Mother Mary. Both now streaming on various platforms.

Alongside Hathaway, Ewan McGregor, Maisy Stella & Christian Convery star as a family whose suburban neighbourhood has been transported from 1982 into the age of dinosaurs. It gave my birth year vibes, but I couldn't quite tell. The music definitely gives a Stranger Things, 80's vibe. Actually if you like Stranger Things and Jurassic Park, you'll love this.

I went in unsure of what I was seeing, I left excited. It also didn't overstay it's welcome like the majority of long ass films lately. Tom Holland, I'm looking at your films.

The End of Oak Street has thus far received positive reviews from critics, whilst grossing $72.2 million worldwide against a production budget of $80–92 million.

Tell me more about the concept. OK.

After a mysterious cosmic event rips Oak Street from suburbia and transports their neighbourhood to someplace unknown, the Platt family soon discovers that their very survival depends on them sticking together as they navigate their now unrecognisable surroundings. 


OK, so this was fun, interesting and once we knew what was going on and we were dealing with dinosaurs, the film moved at breakneck pace.

There are no spoilers talking about the dinosaurs as this has been out for a hot minute now.

This is pure popcorn bliss.

I smashed a giant popcorn during this, so I can say this was honestly a straight up, leave your brain at the door, eat in the dark like no one is watching and enjoy film.

I cannot believe I have now seen Hathaway three times on the big screen this year alone.

This would probably be my favourite of her three films this year. Like Holland and Zendaya yesterday, Hathaway is doing her bit to get folks (in droves) back to the cinema.

Well done.

3 Stars. Fun.

No comments: