Thursday, September 10, 2026

Winter be Bingeing 26' - The Audacity - Season One

The Audacity doesn't fit the usual AMC/AMC+ programming of Vampires or zombies across their Immortal universe and Walking Dead franchise.

This is part dark comedy, part drama which landed back in mid-April. Ahead of the series premiere, the series was renewed for a second season.

A self-appointed "inventor of the future" tech CEO and his self-serving performance psychologist are engulfed in a scandal sparked by the exploitation of personal data.

Sarah Goldberg, Billy Magnussen, Rob Corddry, Meaghan Rath, Simon Helberg, Paul Adelstein, Zach Galifianakis, Lucy Punch, Everett Blunck, Thailey Roberge, Ava Marie Telek, with Randall Park. 

Jess McLeod from season one was promoted to series regular for the second season, whilst, Miriam Shor & Usman Ally were cast for the second season.


This was an eat the rich style series. With rich people doing awful things. It would be more funny, if this wasn't happy right now with Gina and Pauline.

The eight episodes in the first season are a fairly easy watch. The ads though on the SBS on Demand app are so repetitive. I think I saw the ad for the Apple TV series, Last Seen 17 or more times.

I thought ABC and Stan had the rights to AMC content, which made for a better (and mostly free) experience.

I was irritated to learn Interview with the Vampire moved to SBS from ABC.

This was by far not the best series I have watched throughout the Winter be Bingeing 26' series. It tries hard to be funny and poke fun at the rich. It just isn't as funny as I think the creators think it is.

There were some green shoots. I hope the second season gets better. I hope there is more Randall Park. I think Hollywood struggles to poke fun at the rich, when so many Hollywood types are the rich people they are trying to poke fun at.

If you need a new series whilst you wait for the return of Tulsa King, Mobland, Emily in Paris or Dexter. The Audacity streaming on SBS on Demand now may scratch that itch. How's it almost the weekend.

No comments: