Thursday, September 3, 2020

#COVID-19-BINGE-FEST - Snowpiercer (TV series)


Snowpiercer aired week to week on Netflix (in Australia) recently concluding mid July. Yes it took me a while to board the train (ha) but I got there.

I am about to retire #COVID-19-BINGE-FEST as I am now basically catching up on series I have missed of days gone by. I have a HUGE rated for all my #COVID-19-BINGE-FEST series. So once P Valley closes this Sunday, I finish Little Voice on Apple TV+ you will get a massive list of shows I have smashed during this staycation.

So to the post-apocalyptic dystopian thriller tbased on both the 2013 South Korean–Czech film directed by Bong Joon-ho.



Since Bong Joon-ho gave us Parasite, the world is now paying attention to his work.

The film (plus TV shows) origin actually originates from my birth year 1982. From the French graphic novel Le Transperceneige, by Jacques Lob, Benjamin Legrand, and Jean-Marc Rochette.

Starring a stellar cast including leads Daveed Diggs and Jennifer Connelly. The show has a lot of characters to get across fast.

The show also stars Mickey Sumner, Annalise Basso, Sasha Frolova, Alison Wright, Benjamin Haigh, Roberto Urbina, Katie McGuinness, Susan Park, Lena Hall, Sheila Vand, Sam Otto, Iddo Goldberg, and Jaylin Fletcher.

The show has already been renewed for a second season (due to air mid 2021) with Rowan Blanchard, Steven Ogg, and Sean Bean joining the main cast.

I am very keen to catch the film on Netflix soon or hoping like a few classics it may return to the cinema?

With modest ratings in the USA this was a gem over their lacklustre summer TV period. With hits like Claws, Animal Kingdom and Queen of the South all missing in action. It was game shows and crappy reality for days.

Snowpiercer explores and interesting future of all remaining humans on Earth (or are they?) travelling around the globe on a train, divided by class.

The show explores lots of themes whilst looking extremely stylish. It's an extremely easy ten episode watch, which I think I smashed through in around a week amidst all my other shows I had on the go.

Snowpiercer is streaming now on Netflix in OZ whilst it aired week to week on TNT in the USA.

No comments: