Thursday, July 6, 2023

Get Outta da House/Stay in da House Cinema 2023 - Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

Why have I featured both blog series Get Outta da House & Stay in da House Cinema for Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania? Well....

Back on the 9th of March I attempted to see one of the latest Marvel films. However I ended up watching it on Disney+. So why an attempted viewing? Well Broadway Shops had a fire drill.

To be honest it saved me two hours plus, side note at home I could skip to the mid credits and end credit scenes! Life hack!

OK, I enjoyed the previous Ant-Man films, however this one..... was AWFUL!

Like the first fifteen minutes I saw on the big screen were just one big CGI mess! It was honestly god awful. Not even Michelle Pfeiffer and Paul Rudd could save this Marvel effort.

It's not just me, however who thought it was bad. Despite grossing around $476 million worldwide, it underperformed at the box office. It became one of the few films in the MCU not to break even in its theatrical run. Sad right!

The earlier films Ant-Man (2015) and Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018) were really a lot better than this third Ant-Man film.

Alongside Paul Rudd and Michelle Pfeiffer, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, Kathryn Newton, David Dastmalchian, Katy O'Brian, William Jackson Harper, Bill Murray, Corey Stoll, and Michael Douglas all star in this CGI red-hot mess! 

In the film, Lang, Van Dyne, and their family are accidentally transported to the Quantum Realm and face off against Kang the Conqueror (Majors).

The third Ant-Man film received mixed reviews from critics, who praised its performances visual effects, and musical score, but criticised its plot, screenplay, and tonal departures from earlier instalments in the franchise. 

I might have finally ditched seeing Marvel films in the cinema. I also missed Guardians of the Galaxy too, so I think I will continue to miss these films. As we have now officially headed into comic book overload!

I can't pass this sorry Paul Rudd. 2 Stars. If you are interested it streams on Disney+

No comments: