Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Music Update

So y'all know by now I love my little music space online Flashing off the Record, I feature a record every week, whilst also bringing you my new Friday segment, Friday Flash(back).

May was a huge month, so I am here on my regular BLOG catching up with what I have missed during the month of May.

Friday Flash(back) launched late April with Pearl Jam kicking things off with their latest record Dark Matter.

Regurgitator also gave us Invaders, therefore they were also featured as part of the Friday Flash(back) series. WILLOW might not have been around for as long as Pearl Jam or Regurgitator, however six albums in, the daughter of huge stars herself, she gave us a laidback jazz album, we didn't know we needed.

The Northern Beaches chill brother/sister team Angus and Julia Stone were also back with new music, whilst Childish Gambino and legendary Lenny Kravitz rounded out the Friday Flash(back) series. It's been a big start to the new Friday posts. Who will be the Friday Flash(back) this Friday? Come back here to find out.

Now to some big feature albums last month. The locals were legends this past month. With DUGONG JRMILAN RING, BILLIE EILISH and COSMO'S MIDNIGHT all getting big features last month. Whilst BILLIE EILISH also became the fourth Album of the Year Nomination for 2024!

So that is what went down in May! Here is to a big June before a late winter break, where music posts will land here for a few weeks only. Singapore here I come!

Until then here are some highlights from yesterday's Listen Out lineup drop!

No comments: