Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Winter's Cumin' Streaming 24' - Sullivans Crossing - Seasons One to Two

Sullivan's Crossing is a delightful Canadian series, in rural Nova Scotia. As a Stan exclusive, the series has been airing the second series week to week. However I had the entire first season to get through first.

The series originally commenced in March, 2023 on CTV. Oh CTV, how I missed you! See Shelved for my love of my old CTV home town love. So the second Canadian show for me to watch in two months.

The second season commenced its ten episode run back in April. Concluding with a double episode finale yesterday at noon.

Sullivan's Crossing is now co-produced by American broadcast network The CW. Meaning the network needs more cheap, half owned series from their bordering friends in Canada.

So whats the series all about? Based on the novel series by Robyn Carr, the series follows neurosurgeon Maggie Sullivan who finds herself in legal trouble and returns to her hometown in rural Nova Scotia to reconnect with her estranged father, Sully.

Starring One Tree Hill vet, Chad Michael Murray as Cal, along with Tom Jackson, Andrea Menard, Lynda Boyd, Allan Hawco, Amalia Williamson, Peter Outerbridge, Dakota Taylor & Lauren Hammersley.


Let me just say, Stan did well getting this Virgin River sister series. Like the Netflix series, sometimes the dramas aren't super spicy, however the series is like a warm blanket in winter.

I was surprised I got through all twenty episodes so fast. This was truly an easy watch.

There is some chatter online about a third series, however there is nothing solid yet, however I can also guarantee this series will be back for a third season. Let's just say the finale left us on a fairly sizeable cliffhanger.

With the camping grounds saved in the buzzer, the final five minutes has left me wanting another ten episodes! So come on CTV (and maybe The CW) let's give this solid Canadian romantic drama another run!

No comments: