Sunday, September 20, 2026

NOT another streaming Movie - Resident Evil

Resident Evil based on the Resident Evil video game franchise by Capcom.

I never saw the original films, this reboot follows the failure of Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City (2021) and the cancellation of the 2022 Netflix television series. 

The reboot, has grossed $26 million at the box office and received positive reviews, becoming the highest-rated film based on a video game on Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic. Scoring well over 90% on Rotten Tomatoes, the film was actually a really fun film.

From the mind of visionary filmmaker Zach Cregger (Weapons, Barbarian) comes a thrilling, and terrifying reinvention of the Resident Evil franchise. 

In an all-new story, Resident Evil follows Bryan (Austin Abrams), a medical courier who unwittingly finds himself in an action-packed, non-stop race for survival as one fateful, horrifying night collapses around him in chaos. 

With a small cast alongside Abrams, Zach Cherry, Kali Reis, and Paul Walter Hauser also star.

Abrams really carries the action, in this first person horror, survival film. The action moves swiftly over the just over an hour and half. I enjoyed this film. Pure popcorn escapism.


The movie moves so fast, before you know it, the end credits are screening. So if you are into video games, horror or action films. With a side of horror, this is for you.

I may go back and watch some old Resident Evil films.

Speaking of video games, man I am waiting for Street Fighter! Bring it on!

For Resident Evil, 4 Stars right up in here!

No comments: