Thursday, June 23, 2011

Why is theatre depressing - The Seagull?

So this is a review and a discussion point? Why can theatre make me go home and smash an entire block of chocolate after seeing a play where the ending leaves you speechless.

This is what happens after you see the Seagull, well it did for me.

Don't get me wrong the acting was ace as and the season is totally sold out and you cannot get a ticket for love or money and god damn Judy Davis is in it. As is David Wenham playing a toy boy to Judy Davis and my little favourite Emily Barclay. That girl rules.

This play is great but so gosh damn depressing in parts. Judy Davis is great, Emily Barvlay, I love you and David Wenham is under stated.

Gonna have to give this one 3 and a half stars cause I need to lose weight and I ate too much chocolate for one boy in a night after the play.

No comments: