Sunday, June 12, 2011

All the Gays love Kylie and so do the Westies

So my fourth outing to see the queen of gay pop Ms Kylie M I found her show to be a vast improvement on her third one I saw back at ACER arena a few years back. I am pretty sure I missed the X tour and maybe on purpose as that album kinda sucked.

I must say my best experiences seeing Kylie have been at the Entertainment Centre and this was no different. The set was perfect the sound was great. Gyspy and the Cat the supports who have come along way from just being on Triple J's unearthed site. The Melbourne boys did a good job with a solid set including hits "Time to Wander" & the epic "Jona Vark". I loved them after this gig.

The quick DJ set before Kylie was qucik but good and everything now running to time, it was Kylie time.

I heard the water features were the highlight and so too were the dancers.

Kylie had it all going on, except one thing, her set list. The new songs kinda had to be performed with lot's of distractions including dancers, homo erotic video screen movies etc. Spinning Around and What Do I Have to Do were epic tunes that brought the crowd to full attention. There Must Be an Angel (Playing with My Heart) a cover of Eurythmics was definately an epic and a crowd fav.

The set then went into overdrive with a great version of Love at First Sight, Better the Devil You Know and the two fine tracks from the Album Better than Today & Put Your Hands Up (If You Feel Love).

This was when the concert really went well, Kylie does the best when she plays crowd favourites and works the room, the show went from good to amazing as it went on and the finale was spectaular, All the Lovers is an average song but live and with all the special effects it was super. Kylie overall did a great job after a tough year and an album that has not done particulary well.

I enjoyed this show the most out of all four shows I have seen with Showgirl: The Homecoming Tour being the worst out at ACER. On a Night Like This Tour & Kylie Fever 2002 were the other two highlight shows at the peak of her career.

Overall my review is all of the shop and at times so was the Aphrodite World Tour however this was pure pop fun and has to rate 4 stars for it's great dancing and set. A better set list would have given this five stars, dumping some of the new songs would have been a guarantee for this to be a five star performance.

No comments: