Thursday, May 18, 2017

MAY DAY (TV Month): Iron Fist


I have only hear bad things about Netflix's fourth foray into the world of Marvel Comic book stars and it's March 17 effort Iron Fist.



Feeling a lot like the start of Arrow (DC series on The CW) the show starts with the son of a wealthy New York family returning to New York. As I am only 2 episodes in and currently I would say on the level of hooked or not interested, I am mildly hooked.

It's nowhere near as addictive as 13 Reasons Why, the fight scenes are nowhere near as entertaining as it's rivals like Daredevil or Jessica Jones. Some of the fight scenes look plain dodgy thus far. It's nice to see a the martial arts side of thing but I don't know how convincing Finn Jones is as a martial artist.

I will come back and talk more about this series once I am more invested in it as I need to get up to speed with my Marvel series ahead of The Defenders coming August 18.



Iron Fist may not be Marvel's best but it's better than the god awful second series of Agent Carter so in my books that is something. Coming soon a review/look at the second series of Blindspot and it's finale airing today/tonight in the USA.

No comments: