Monday, March 4, 2019

Cinema Slut #2019 - King of Thieves


The Hatton Garden Safe deposit burglary is the true life inspiration for King of Thieves, this matinee ready film with seasoned actors seemingly having a load of fun. Oh and they take Daredevil, I mean Charlie Cox along for the ride too for good measure.

King of Thieves is packed with loads of bad language and funny old people stuff.



It's an interesting ride and I mostly enjoyed the ride. Michael Caine is a true legend and the other duds are all awesome too.

I was not expecting much and after The Blonde One during the week my expectations for my next film were LOW! I did however want to see Greta over this film, so I was happy that my next film review will be Greta and I saw it Sunday afternoon.

But back to King of Thieves and the worst part of this film was the super abrupt ending. It just kinda stops, has some text about the real life folk who were at the centre of the Hatton Garden Safe deposit burglary.

This has been done before, however I have not seen another version, so this was fresh for me. So I enjoyed this true crime tale featuring a bunch of fab seniors, 3 Stars.

No comments: