Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Cinema Slut #2019 - Swimming with Men


Rob Brydon from Gavin & Stacey fame stars as the lead in this rather depressing, older white man problems film. I can say that as I am almost 37, white (yes I may be gay but other than that) I have a feeling these men made getting old as a white man look god awful.

Excluding Adeel Akhtar who ticks the ethnic and gay box, this film and the session I saw got limited if any laughs. My first gut reaction was this film looks awful, a second look at the trailer and the appealing hour of an 9:50am screening made me think twice. I shouldn't have.



There were some moments where this film almost turned a corner, however they were few and far between.

It honestly was a bit of a dull affair. Reviews online weren't too positive and even at only 96 minutes it felt a little over long.

After a dull intro and peek into Rob Brydon, Eric Scott's life and man did it suck. Accounting, a weird relationship with his wife and even stranger relationship with his son.

Not much worked on this film but I am all for older people finding a passion other than listening to Alan Jones and voting for his mate Mark Latham in One Nation.

Oh where is the world going, this gets a lone 2 Stars.

No comments: