Saturday, March 30, 2019

Cinema Slut #2019 - Us


Jordan Peele is back! Super hyped film maker's follow up to Get Out is already smashing records in the US @ the box office and now it is set to do the same in Australia.

Horror takes many shapes and Jordan is ditching the bump in the night shit, adding some NWA, Janelle Monae and great pop culture references.

Us was not the most likely film one would choose to see at 10:20am on a Saturday morning, but damn I was glad I made my way over to Fox Studios.



I loved Get Out, and I loved this but not quite as much. I am in love with Lupita Nyong'o she just slays and there is one big fat twist I am not going to go into.

You need to go into this film knowing very little, cause it gets twisted AF!

Some films when you read too much and watch multiple trailers you get way too many spoilers, so watch or ignore the above trailer.

Us is honestly going to get people talking again about race but maybe class as well this time. Us could stand simply for us or the US (ofA). Who really knows.

This is a top notch film, very classy, a great cinema experience, 4 Stars.

No comments: