Friday, March 8, 2019

Kylie | Live, 2019


Over on Flashing off the Record this week I announced my first Album of the Year Nomination for 2019, it was the Hilltop Hoods and their wonderful latest record The Great Expanse. This week I also saw my first live concert for 2019, Ms Kylie Minogue.

I will admit unlike The Great Expanse for the Hilltop Hoods, Kylie's latest album Golden has not been as well received as previous records. However most Kylie fans go to Kylie concerts for hits from yester-years.

This years set list for the Golden tour was truly diverse. It was fun, appealing to the very diverse crowd and seriously entertaining.

Kylie has always been a Showgirl but this was a more humble return home for the pop princess. Kylie's latest album took a country turn, her fans were not really on board for the new turn, however with hits in the opening half like Better the Devil You Know, In Your Eyes and Confide in Me the crowd really got behind our local pop princess.

She moved into Wow and a different take on the worldwide smash Can't Get You Outta My Head and then a brilliant take on Slow. Honestly one of my favourite Kylie songs of all time, for some reason I just love Slow and cannot get enough of it.

Wouldn't Change a Thing and Especially for You gave the room a nice dose of nostalgia whilst the Studio 54 element of the show was outstanding, On a Night Like This, Spinning Around and The Loco-Motion were all awesome, a big glitter bomb during Raining Glitter was pure camp!

The encore of Love at First Sight and Dancing just made me smile, ear to ear.

Kylie was back, Dancing is not as bad as the first time I heard it, but still I do love my old Kylie and wish just once she would entertain me with Indie Kylie from her Impossible Princess days.

Thanks Kylie for a sensational night!


No comments: