Monday, January 14, 2008

Shake Ur Limbs

G'Day G'day - Second installment for 2008 begins here:

Film Reviews:

I am Legend (Will Smith) - Alright film, with Will Smith getting more buff & more totally hot as he ages!

PS I Love U (Hilary Swank) - Such a beautiful film, event though the year is young, I will have to have this in my top 10 for 2008! Beautiful performances for Hilary Swank and great support from Kathy Bates and Lisa Kudrow.

Atonement (James McAvoy) - SHIT, SHIT and more SHIT! This had the most strange plot ever, I don't know anyone who could follow this shocking period drama, it basically gave me the rags after I watched it!

Theatre Review:Billy Elliot (New Years Day 7:30pm show) - New Years Day, what a recovery! And Billy Elliot was definitely not the way to do it. I had already seen this in it's previews and thought it was okay, now a second time around I know I was right the first time. With songs that are way too long, too much drab dialogue and not enough dancing this musical is definitely one for the easy pleased.

Kev Carmody Sydney Festival "Cannot Buy My Soul" - Well the Sydney festival is here and I'm not going to Bjork :(, however I did get tickets to the most amazing night of young Australian talent performing the songs of Kev Carmody at Sydney's delightful State Theatre. Dan Kelly was beautiful and showed he is an up and coming star with many talents under his belt, Sara Storer absolutely amazed me, she was wonderful her rendition of "Moonstruck" was simply stunning! Tex Perkins, Claire Bowditch, Dan Sultan, The Herd and The Drones also performed amazing tributes to Mr Carmody. The highlight however was a tie between the lovely Glenn Richards (Augie March), Paul Kelly & Missy Higgins number "Drowning Woman", I had goose bumps during the performance it was so amazing. The other highlight was the finale, the group "From Little Things Big Things Grow", I nearly had tears it was so wonderful. Definitely worth checking the CD "Cannot Buy My Soul" out!

What's hot in 2008 Music:
Kate Nash - Made of Bricks CD
Bjork's new remix of Earth Intruders
TRACKS from::
Mattafix - Shake my Limbs
Dannii/Jason Nevins - Touch me Like That
Urthboy - Over Before it Begun
Tegan & Sara - Hop a Plane

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey andy, bit belated but thanks for the birthday message in august... am back on the coast looking for work ... i am legand rocked and I agree about will smith... reminds me a bit of my ex dave.. have been listening to angie harts (girl from frente) new cd ' grounded bird' its awesome... she sounds like a female version of ben lee.. got his new cd too Ripe.. not sure if I like all of it.. but need 2 listen to it somemore...