Friday, April 24, 2009

Jerry Springer the Opera

OMG so there is a heap of hype for this production and staring one of Australia's most loved actors David Wenham (he was in Australia but don't hold that against him).

Now this show begins as the show usually does on the Telly however people come in singing in lovely opera voices.

Now don't get me wrong but Nathan from Hi-5 playing some trailer trash studio audience member really didn't work for me.

The second act took a weird turn to hell (literally) and kind of lost me with all the religious rambles.

There is also a huge language warning with this production which kinda wears thin around 10 minutes in.

The show had funny moments but definitely not as many as I was expecting, the show itself was at times very odd and I often sat there thinking what the hell was going on when someone thought hey Jerry Springer, there is a good idea for a musical?

The show rates a trashy 2 stars.

No comments: