Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Promise - Belvoir Street

Now I have seen a lot at Belvoir St this year and everything up until now has been
simply superb, however this was another story.

Set in the cold war in Russia (less the accents) that revolves around 3 people involved in(meant to be a serious love triangle). However I never felt any love nor did feel the actors ever really cared that much for each other.

The revolving stage added a nice effect but after the two intervals and three acts it got slightly annoying. The two intervals also really started to become frustrating as the play itself annoyed me so much. Each time you would leave for another break you really wanted to just run out the doors.

I know this might sound harsh but the play really did not excite me and I unfortunately only have to give it a half cold star.

No comments: