Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Curtains draw on this years final Mardi Gras play

Well after my double whammy last weekend I headed off to my final Mardi Gras play @ Belvoir Street in the downstairs theatre. Bent was about a love which developed in a concentration camp in the war, okay so a bit of a bleeding heart but hey. The first act was bearable due to full frontal nudity, but the second act.....

If moving stones from one side of the stage to the other for an hour or so and a random romance in a prison is your idea of fun well go right ahead but for me I would have liked to be at home watching the 80 minutes of man on man action we in Australia call Rugby League.

Bent really rubbed me the wrong way in the second act and the first act was not much better making Hardcore by far this years best Mardi Gras play. Bent rated a very Bent 1 and a half stars.

No comments: