Monday, February 7, 2022

The Masked Cinema 2022 - The King's Man

The King's Man is the third instalment in the Kingsman film series. This film serves as a prequel to Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014) and Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017).

I loved the 2014 and 2017 film, so this had a lot riding on it for me! Did it live up to the first two films?


Lead Ralph Fiennes is one of the original Kingsman whilst Gemma Arterton, Rhys Ifans, Matthew Goode, Tom Hollander, Harris Dickinson, Daniel Brühl, Djimon Hounsou, and Charles Dance all join in the action romp.

The latest spy/action film focuses on several events during World War I and the birth of the Kingsman organization.

Originally planned for a November 2019 release date, like everything COVID-19 related this film came late.

Was it any good? The action scenes, tick, the plot a half tick, the length, too long, comedy value, some small laughs. Overall I was told to lower my expectations. I lowered them enough before entering a Saturday afternoon session to a pass mark of 2.5 Stars. I could have been kind and given it three stars, however the first two films really were a load better. Maybe the next film will get more than just a pass.

No comments: