Sunday, August 28, 2022

The Masked Cinema 2022 - Nope

Gosh I had high hopes for Nope on Friday night. I have loved Jordan Peele's previous works. However this science fiction horror film written, directed, and co-produced by Peele, was a bit of a red hot, long mess.

Daniel Kaluuya is back with Peele, joined by Keke Palmer, Steven Yeun, Michael Wincott, and Brandon Perea.

The third Jordan Peele film, follows two horse-wrangling siblings who attempt to capture evidence of an unidentified flying object.


For me the best part of Nope was the very handsome Brandon Perea. Whilst his introduction to the film was random, he definitely gave us some eye candy for some of the random long winded scenes.

I don't know what I was expecting from Nope, however I left kind of feeling ripped off. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't a film I should have been so hyped up for. There is a lot of horror on the way to the local cinema, with Bodies Bodies Bodies, The Invitation and the finale of the latest Halloween trilogy on the way.

So Nope has a lot of competition in this genre.

I don't want to give any spoilers, so I will keep this simple. I like Peele's work, there was some scary scenes, so a pass of 2.5 Stars.

No comments: