M.I.A. is my latest binge over the past cold week in Sydney. Restless in the Florida Keys, Etta Tiger Jonze dreams of a life in Miami’s glittering, sub-tropical kingdom. But when her family’s drug-running business shatters in tragedy, Etta embarks on a dangerous journey through Miami’s neon-lit underbelly that will define who she is and what she’s ultimately capable of.
M.I.A. is another title for Peacock, streaming on Binge in Australia. Binge has a number of Peacock titles including Five Star Weekend, which they are airing week-to-week on Thursdays by now.
Stan also has a number of Peacock titles. The Miniature Wife, Twisted Metal, with Crystal Lake and Rose Byrne's, The Good Daughter coming later in the year.
M.I.A. is obviously set in South Florida, it stars Shannon Gisela as Etta Tiger Jonze, a young woman from the Florida Keys who goes after the cartel that murdered her family.
All nine episodes of the first season were released on Peacock in early May. I am a little late to the party, however there is no news on season two yet. To get extra eyes on the series, the pilot later aired on NBC.
Thus far, reviews were mixed, but the series topped Peacock's U.S. streaming chart on its first day. Still this John Wick, revenge style thriller does end on a cliffhanger, however I'm not sure if it was strong enough for a second outing.
The series stars Giselaas as Etta, with Maurice Compte, Danay Garcia, Cary Elwes, Brittany Adebumola, Dylan Jackson, Alberto Guerra, Gerardo Celasco, Marta Milans, Edward James Olmos, Sonia Brag, and finally Rich Delia.
With no major massive stars, this series also joins a long string of these revenge style Taken action, thrillers.
The twist at the end was a little fun. It could make for a more interesting second season, however time will tell if NBC have enough cash to keep the camera rolling on more M.I.A.
No comments:
Post a Comment