Monday, August 2, 2010

Mary Poppins in Melbourne

Her Majerstys theatre is amazing and so is this show. Mary Poppins AKA Verity Hunt Ballard is terrific, she was so camp, her dancing was flawless, singing was super and acting was supreme. Matt Lee did a no show and his understudy was on but that's no real loss considering his a judge on one of those painful reality shows.

The story is magical and amazing with all age groups loving the magic and tricks that come with this musical.

The set and costumes were also terrific. I can predict this will be a monster smash hit musical and run for quite some tuime in the lovely Melbounre, the theatre capital of Australia.

Mary Poppins rates extremely highly in my musical book and I think it did have the perfect number of songs, dance routines and running time so in the way of all things perfect this may very well be my first 5 star musical.

Well done Mary Poppins, 5 big nods from me.

No comments: