Thursday, December 2, 2010

True West - Could this be more truly Boring

Okay so I love Brendan Cowell but with an American accent, not so much and in a play where not much happened and the theatre roof begun leaking near me, it wasn't much of a night out at the Theatre.

True West casting also was extremely strange with the two brothers looking nothing like each other which was a major distraction and in parts you just thought this was plain weird. The mother also looked nothing like either son.

Brendan Cowell is so much better in a gritty Australian piece not a lame American piece which is so slow in parts I nearly nodded off. Sydney Theatre company has had some major hits this year and I loved August Ostage County but this just sent me to nap town.

Overall the set was amazing till the trashed the joint and the music between scenes was at times like an alarm clock waking me up.

Can only give this 1 and a half stars, it's the end of the year I've seen a lot and it's time to get tough.

No comments: