Monday, May 16, 2011

Another Day in May - Katy Perry in the heart of Steel City

Oh dear a road trip and a girl who sings I want to see your Peacock-cock-cock.

So I travelled the great old F3 up to the Newcastle Entertainment Centre (AKA an old Barn) with a soundtrack of Hall & Oates and the Young Divas before arriving at my destination to see the wonders of Mrs Russell Brand.

Katy Perry did turn it up with her opening number complete with corography with "Teenage Dream". A good version of a song I didn't know see had until I saw it on Glee.

She had a solid start with favourites like "Peacock" in the mix and then it slowed down for a rather long and boring ballard section.

I however loved her set and when she blew out Whitney's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" the place went nuts, followed by some big hits and sexy outfits with "Hot n Cold", "Firework" and the big finale was "Calfornia Gurls".

A much better than expected event and a fun night out in the Steel City.

4 stars for Mrs Russell Brand.

No comments: