Friday, March 3, 2017

Silver Screen in 2017 {Rings}


Did we need another American Rings film? Well maybe not and this was only scary in the last 30 minutes but it took me back to a younger me and for that I am not going to shit on this film too much.



Rings is the 2017 reboot after The Ring Two back in 2005. So around 12 years later is a video tape (and for younger readers that is the technology before AVI files and Blu Rays + DVD's) still scary?

Not really is a very short answer. This film was super dull in the start and with no Naomi Watts or Simon Baker there is no star power in this film.

That said there is a gap in the horror market lately with loads of serious as fuck dramas about and a dull as fuck movie about Hollywood with a shit tonne of singing.

So what do I rate Rings? Well it's hard not to pass it as it was a bit of fun and when the mystery comes full circle it's kind of ok. It's been panned critically and I haven't seen a super low Rotten Tomatoes score like this in a while, so I'm going to be nice and pass it @ 2.5 Stars.

Let's hope there is something a little more scary on the way to the cinema in 2017.

No comments: