Saturday, October 21, 2017

Silver Screen in 2017 {The Snowman}


I didn't realise before I stepped into the cinema how bad the reviews were for The Snowman, however reviews are one thing but what did I think you say?



It's been a while since we have had a proper crime thriller, horror, yep plenty of that, crime yep that is covered too, but a real whodunnit? Not so much.

With a huge cast and a best selling novel to use, The Snowman for me was a good time out at the cinema for a Saturday 10am session.

Fassbender is fantastic, Val Kilmer has not been in anything for God knows how long has it been since I have seen Chloe Sevigny in something?

Do you like thrillers? If you said yes to your computer/iPad/iPhone/devices screen well give this a go, it makes a change from the incoming superhero films, Geo Storms and family favourites left around after the recent school holidays.

I was impressed by this film and it's solid cast, it's a little violent in parts and I guessed the killer towards the end but honestly I'm not sure whether the critics had seen some of the other shit currently screening, Home Again (why Resse why?) or who has three hours plus trailers for Blade Runner 2049, also not loved by the critics.

I enjoyed this 4 Stars.

No comments: