Monday, June 4, 2018

Movie Matinee Madness - Avengers: Infinity War


After Deadpool 2 last weekend, it was time for a more PG, family friendly Marvel affair, the problem is we have been here 18 times before.

Since 2008's Iron Man, we have been to the cinema so many times before with Marvel films. This one however left unfinished, we had an idea the Infinity War was a two part affair but they dropped part one from the title.

The film ends rather abruptly despite dragging on for almost 150 minutes! Yes this film was WAY too long, jams way too many characters in, and unlike previous Avengers films joining Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, The Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye and several smaller roles we get even more characters to try and care about.



At least Black Panther and the Wakanda mob are back. Also joining the rollercoaster ride is Dr Strange, the new Spiderman and the Guardians of the Galaxy crew.

Josh Brolin, fresh from Deadpool 2 also plays the bad guy (again) here in this latest Marvel film. The film has already scored over a billion dollars at the box office and I am a very latecomer to the Infinity War.

That said I did enjoy the Black Panther/Wakanda moments, I have never really loved the Guardians of the Galaxy, I am Groot thing, but there is something about Chris Pratt, maybe because he is the saving grace behind the Jurassic Park resurrection.

I am not going to lie this was not my favourite Marvel film, it was way too long, some of the characters are wasted in this bloated cast and maybe when I see the conclusion (second part) it might make me reflect on this film and like it more.

The Avengers is a massive money spinner, I get it but really Marvel lets do something fresh and surprise the audience next time.

Ant-Man arrives next month, so come on guys, shock me.

The Avengers it's long (like this review) and I'll pass it with 2.5 Stars.

No comments: