Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Movie Matinee Madness - The Girl in the Spider's Web


It's been a long time since the American The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo, so Claire Foy AKA the Crown is set to bring another Millennium book to the big screen.

Critics haven't been too kind to this film, however they didn't love Bohemian Rhapsody or Venom (though Venom did fucking suck) either. Both these films have gone on to achieve great box office.

So does Claire Foy pull off Lisbeth?



The action sequences are great, including a motor cycle taking off over a frozen lake, whilst some of the plot twists feel extremely predictable.

Looks it's hard to be original in 2018, so for a Sunday afternoon action flick this was pretty alright. I will be publishing my end of year best of list and unfortunately I can't see this making it, however that's not to say this is bad.

With a third Claire Foy film under my belt I can honestly say I am a fan girl.

The Girl in the Spider's Web is interesting and I love a female action lead, 3.5 Stars.

No comments: