Monday, February 4, 2019

Cinema Slut #2019 - The Mule


Clint Eastwood is 88 years old, 88 mother fucking years old and still making interesting films. The Mule is a slow burning road movie with a whole heap of shit going down.

But it's not all Clint Eastwood, the cast is a masterpiece in itself, Bradley Cooper, Michael Pena, Laurence Fishburne, Dianne Wiest and the terrific Taissa Farmiga.

Aside from a great cast this movie is actually based on a crazy true story!



I wanted to see this the minute I saw the trailer (much like next week's Cold Pursuit) I liked the feel of the film and despite Jersey Boys being a red hot mess, Clint Eastwood generally directs a damn fine film.

Following Cooper's performance in a Star is Born this is a perfect film for him to get back into the movie game.

I enjoyed the film also as Eastwood has learnt to edit the film down a wee bit, this was not three hours, it was slow paced but still slick.

The Mule is a good Summer film and my oh my if I am as good as Eastwood at 88, life is good. Damn good.

No comments: