Friday, April 5, 2019

Cinema Slut #2019 - Pet Sematary


I had a rather upset gut during this film (over sharing, well maybe, everyone in my team at work has had one thing or another wrong with them this week) so I am not sure whether it was my gut or the film in general as to why I didn't love this film.

A remake of a 1989 film (which got a sequel) and a book by the king of horror Stephen King, Pet Sematary is the latest horror film to hit our screens. Spoiler alert the below trailer acts as a check box to what scares are to come and how the film plays out. So warning do not hit play unless you wants serious spoilers.



Now I give it up to Aussie Jason Clarke and the legend John Lithgow for giving this film a big crack, but I had seen the trailer a number of times and had enough of an idea of what the next scare was that I could almost tune out for entire scenes.

After the brilliance of Us last weekend, this just came in short, very short.

Horror is the genre of the moment with Ma on the way soon, The Curse of the Weeping Woman out next weekend, The Dead Don't Die also coming in June along with Child's Play (Chucky is back) and another Annabelle film. And that is only till June! Holy shit, is the world this bleak?

The dead cat in this film just needed the big old Grinspoon classic track to play DCX3, and at times as much I am a dog person, this cat did not scare me much.

The whole idea behind the film got a little tired by the end of the film and even John Lithgow could not save it.

This will not be my favourite horror film of the year but I will pass it, 2.5 dead cat, three times Stars.

No comments: