Monday, September 9, 2019

Cinema Slut #2019 - The Farewell


After a wee break from the cinema it was a relief to see a simply divine film, The Farewell. After being a Crazy Rich Asian Awkwafina, is front and centre in this beautiful film about grief when East meets West.

The Farewell is a beautiful true story based on a lie featuring grandmother Nai Nai (Zhao Shuzhen) being diagnosed with cancer, however her family decides not to share the news.



Awkwafina is so real, so raw and so simply divine in this film. From stealing scenes being wacky AF in Crazy Rich Asians to being completely natural and beautiful. I found myself captivated by her in scenes at the wedding and her with her now USA based family.

Awkwafina is a talent to watch for in 2019/2020, I love her, I loved this film and can't recommend it enough.

I don't want to give away too much however this film is equally funny, smart and so super sweet. A big thumbs up, 4.5 Stars.

No comments: