Sunday, September 1, 2019

(Mini) Sunday Spotlight: G Flip + Tones and I


Georgia Flipo AKA G Flip finally released her debut album About Us on Friday. After stunning our ear drums with singles like About You, Killing My Time, Stupid, Drink Too Much and a couple of others.

G Flip scored two songs in the 2018 Hottest 100, played SXSW in Austin following the release of her debut single and won Breakthrough Independent Artist of the Year at the Australian Independent Record Labels Association (AIR) Awards.

But it's not just all about G Flip and her superb debut which scored a feature on Triple J this week it's a Sunday double, featuring superstar Tones and I too.

Tones and I did something no artist had ever done, scored all songs (six of them to be exact) in my Fresh Friday Countdown this past Friday gone, what a star!

Like G Flip Tones and I (aka Toni Watson) released her debut on Friday, this time it was an EP.

The Kids are Coming is an excellent collection of six tracks to soundtrack your 2019 to.

Dance Monkey is now up there with Bad Guy (Billie Eilish) as a front runner for the biggest song of 2019! It just took out my Winter Banger of 2019, welcome to Spring people!

Not only that all three of the singles thus far from the EP made the list.

Like G Flip Tones and I originates from the wonderful state of Victoria however she now calls Byron Bay home.

After busking and conquering the streets, Tones and I has now played Splendour in the Grass (in her new home town) and Big Pineapple Music Festival.

So funny chart fact about Tones and I, Dance Monkey has reached number one in Australia, Denmark, Ireland and Sweden. Now the Swedish know how to make a damn good pop song so this is huge in my eyes!

Both artists could easily be your new favourite acts, they are sensational talents and local to boot.

Take a listen to their new Friday releases below!




No comments: