Saturday, November 9, 2019

Cinema Slut #2019 - 47 Meters Down: Uncaged


If you have read this blog for a while or read any of my movie reviews, you will know by now I a) like movies and b) love to be scared shitless by a shark film.

I missed 47 Meters Down at the cinema, however I did race off to see the wonderful Meg opening day or week, either one.

The 47 Meters Down movies have now taken over $100 million dollars worldwide, for much, much smaller budgets! So how does the Uncaged film fair?



There are some celebrity kids cast in this Mexican shark fest and man are they ready to get used for shark bait.

Unlike the first film with Mandy Moore, this is way more of an adventure/blended family love fest. The adventure is the scuba diving through the hidden Mayan city, the love fest is between the blended family step sisters Mia (Sophie NĂ©lisse) and Sasha (Corinne Foxx). Foxx is Jamie Foxx's daughters, whilst Nicole played by Sistine Stallone is clearly Sly Stallone AKA Rambo's daughter.

47 Meters Down: Uncaged scared me in parts, but also had me rooting for the girls to survive, it's fairly predictable (mainly the order of deaths) with a big ending.

I reckon they are on the money with this series and we may see a third film in the series. I enjoyed this film, however full disclosure I did have a free ticket courtesy of a cinema loyalty program.

This won't be around on the big screen for much longer Sydney siders so get in soon or you'll miss it, 3 Stars.

No comments: