Wednesday, June 3, 2020

April/May Finales - Killing Eve (Season 3)


* Concluded 31 May, 2020.

One of my final pieces as part of the April/May Finales focuses on Killing Eve's Season three finale. Did it live up to the hype?


In one word for me, no.

For me season three was about solving Kenny's death and concluding some storylines. Kenny's death was not really solved by the end of the season and Dasha's death was not really all that believable considering the beating she already survived.

Also Niko surviving Dasha's attack was really unrealistic. His character had died a long time ago in this story of Eve and Villanelle. It would have made way more sense to have just killed him there and then. His storyline ended way back in season two for me.

Kenny was way more interesting and even he kicked the bucket at the top of this season.

Overall I thought the third season was good, not great. Sadly it's one of those shows with a great premise but nowhere to go after a few seasons.

With Eve and Villanelle both surviving a number of near death experiences already I almost feel like the already green lit fourth season may need to be the final chapter in this tale.

Whilst it has moments of excellence, the cat and mouse game is almost coming to a conclusion in my eyes.

No comments: