Friday, October 30, 2020

#COVID-19 CATCH UP TV - I Hate Suzie

I Hate Suzie is a British drama television series created by Lucy Prebble and Billie Piper, starring Piper as an actress whose life is thrown into turmoil when her phone is hacked and compromising photographs of her are leaked. 

The series premiered on Sky Atlantic on 27 August 2020, whilst in Australia it landed the day after, late August on STAN. Late August was a strange in Australia, it was mid winter, the gyms were finally back open in NSW so my TV time started to shrink again. However I was not to know content would also start to dry up. STAN had a smart technique of just picking up whatever content it could get its hands on to have something new on the weekly.


The first episode of this series sees Billie Piper totally frantic. The episode had me feeling super anxious. The mood and tempo of the series did however slow down after episode one.

I Hate Suzie will not be everyones cup of tea, however it is very different to a lot of the other sci-fi etc buzzing around at present.

Both Prebble and Piper have previously worked together on Secret Diary of a Call Girl and the play The Effect. Secret Diary of a Call Girl was a real throwback for me, I remember buying those on the DVD sale table.

I Hate Suzie streams NOW on STAN.

No comments: